About a week ago I set out on a journey to make 20 blocks for the Sandy Quilt Block drive. That journey came to an end today when I attached and trimmed the final strip to my 21st block. Oh, wait a minute! Did I say 21st? Yup, that’s right, 21 blocks. Well wasn’t I suppose to make 20? How in the world did I get 21?
Each time I made a new block I counted my stash. Some how one of those blocks cleverly hid itself, avoiding the ongoing census count. What’s really funny is when it came to constructing, what I thought was my final block, I made note of the beginning and ending time, I carefully documented my progress with photos and I even announced my milestone via telephone to my hubby.
Block # 21
After ending our conversation I ceremoniously added the last block to my stash. Wanting to make sure I had the correct # of blocks I decided to make one final count. So I started counting. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 . . . 18, 19, 20 . . . 21! Oops! Guess I have one too many. No problem! Having 21 quilt blocks rather than the agreed upon 20 meant I could peruse my stack and eliminate the one block I might be less than thrilled with.
Deciding which block to eliminate will be done later. I figure it makes sense to wait until I take delivery on the quilt squares from my team. Until then, here’s photos of some of my blocks.
Block # 16
Block # 15
Block # 6
Block # 3
It’s been very exciting to be a part of such a wonderful project. To date they have teams signed up to make 45 quilts and I know they are still looking for participants. If you have a little voice whispering in your ear telling you to take a leap and join in the fun why not do it today. You will be so glad you did.
Well that pretty much wraps up my progress for this past week. Other than a jam-packed day of sewing and fabric shopping with my daughter not much else was accomplished.
I’m linking up with Freshly Pieced. Slide on over there to catch up on everyone else.