2013 has arrived. The party hats are gone and the bells and whistles are silent. Time to open a new chapter. My sewing rooms have been whirring with activity. Today I’ve been spending time sorting through remnants of Sandy Quilt # 1 as I look back on my recent accomplishments.
Until I sat down to list my completed projects I had thought the list would be small. Now I’m amazed at the length. Here’s what’s finished:
1. Applied the binding to Sandy Quilt # 1.
- Blanket stitched around the labels for Sandy Quilt # 1.
- The quilt has 6 rows of 7 blocks each = 42 blocks
- The quilt measures 85 1/2″ wide x 97″ long
- The blocks came from Michigan (4) , Tennessee (14), Vermont (1), Washington (6) and Wisconsin (17)
- The quilt has two borders. Border # 1 is lavender and measures 3″ wide. Border # 2 is black and measures 4″ wide.
- The binding is black
- The brand of batting is Warm & Natural
- The backing was constructed from a variety of blue fabrics from my very own stash.
4. Mailed the blog hop prize.
5. Cut out and completely assembled five Hold Anything Bags by Dancing Cranes Designs
6. Gathered together supplies and finished two pressing boards, one for myself and one for my oldest daughter.
On the agenda for next week
Finish assembling the quilt back for Sandy Quilt # 2 (already done)
2. Quilt Sandy Quilt # 2
3. Bind Sandy Quilt # 2
4. Add the labels to Sandy Quilt # 2
5. Start Sandy Quilt # 3
But, before I do that I must finish cleaning my sewing room.
I’m linking up with Freshly Pieced. Go see what other quilters have been working on.