2013 has arrived. The party hats are gone and the bells and whistles are silent. Time to open a new chapter. My sewing rooms have been whirring with activity. Today I’ve been spending time sorting through remnants of Sandy Quilt # 1 as I look back on my recent accomplishments.
Until I sat down to list my completed projects I had thought the list would be small. Now I’m amazed at the length. Here’s what’s finished:
1. Applied the binding to Sandy Quilt # 1.
- Blanket stitched around the labels for Sandy Quilt # 1.
3. Finished Sandy Quilt # 1. You may find links to the history of this quilt here, here and here. These are its vital statistics:
- The quilt has 6 rows of 7 blocks each = 42 blocks
- The quilt measures 85 1/2″ wide x 97″ long
- The blocks came from Michigan (4) , Tennessee (14), Vermont (1), Washington (6) and Wisconsin (17)
- The quilt has two borders. Border # 1 is lavender and measures 3″ wide. Border # 2 is black and measures 4″ wide.
- The binding is black
- The brand of batting is Warm & Natural
- The backing was constructed from a variety of blue fabrics from my very own stash.
4. Mailed the blog hop prize.
5. Cut out and completely assembled five Hold Anything Bags by Dancing Cranes Designs
6. Gathered together supplies and finished two pressing boards, one for myself and one for my oldest daughter.
On the agenda for next week
Finish assembling the quilt back for Sandy Quilt # 2 (already done)
2. Quilt Sandy Quilt # 2
3. Bind Sandy Quilt # 2
4. Add the labels to Sandy Quilt # 2
5. Start Sandy Quilt # 3
But, before I do that I must finish cleaning my sewing room.
I’m linking up with Freshly Pieced. Go see what other quilters have been working on.
17 thoughts on “Happy New Year”
Love your Sandy quilt!
I’m sure the women that contributed would be honored to hear that. Thank you!
the Sandy quilt is so nice and I love how there are signature blocks. Cute little purses. Happy WIP day.
Thank you. The signature blocks make it all the more special.
O que é um monte de trabalho,vá em frente!Eu amo os sacos,gostaria de ter ganho o hop….FELIZ ANO NOVO!!! Beijos do brasil.
Thank you so much! Happy New Year to you as well.
Beautiful job! Happy New Year 😉
Thanks so much!
those bags are adorable! I really need to make some labels for my quilts 🙁 Ty for reminding me! I am stopping by from the WIP hop, I would love to have you come by and see what I have been up to 🙂 http://domesticdeficitdisorder.blogspot.com/2013/01/wip-wednesday.html
You’ve been busy!