Another One Is Finished
Since November of 2012 I have been focusing my attention on the Sandy Quilt Block project over at the Quilting Gallery. Earlier this month I decided to enroll in the A Year of Lovely Finishes challenge.
I designated January as the month to finish up Sandy Quilt # 2. I’m thrilled to report I did indeed successfully reach my goal. Pictured below are a few of the photos I took of the quilt.
You may find links to the history of this quilt here
- WIP Wednesday: Will the Dust Ever Settle
- Just Not the Same
- WIP Wednesday: Happy New Year
- 2013 A Lovely Year of Finishes
- WIP Wednesday: Fabric Bundle
- WIP Wednesday: Sandy Quilt # 2 Update
These are its vital statistics:
- The quilt has 6 rows of 7 blocks each for a total of 42 blocks
- The quilt measures 85 1/2″ wide x 97″ long
- The origin of the blocks was Florida (4) , Massachusetts (6), Pennsylvania (2), Texas (10) and Wisconsin (20)
- The quilt has two borders. Border # 1 is brown and measures 3″ wide. Border # 2 is black and measures 4″ wide.
- The binding is black
- The brand of batting is Warm & Natural
- The backing was constructed from a beige and navy blue print fabric donated by one of the block contributors.
- The quilt was quilted with an all-over meander stitch
On to Sandy Quilt # 3
Sandy Quilt # 3 is well underway. I expect to wrap that quilt up in February. I encourage you to stop by Freshly Pieced for their weekly WIP link-up and Sew BitterSweet Designs for the January Finishes in the 2013 A Lovely Year of Finishes.