You Attention Please . . . May 6, 2013 Update: The contest is now closed!
One Year Ago Today
Although 365 days seems like a very long time, looking back it feels like no more than an instant. There are 525,600 minutes in a year. That’s 525,600 opportunities to make a difference. A difference in this world, your community, your family, your own life. What we do with those minutes becomes a part of history. For most of us our efforts will never make us famous. For those few lucky ones their name will we well-known throughout history. Whether you aspire to be one of the lucky ones or are satisfied to live out your existence as an unknown it makes no difference. We are all human. We are all important. We can all make a difference.
A Mini Tour
Now that being said, I would like to take you on a mini tour of my blog’s first year. I won’t bore you with gads of words just pictures. Here’s just a sampling of the 525,600 minutes that transpired in my corner of the world.
The success of my blog has been made possible, in part, by the faithful participation of my readers. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed sharing snip its of my life and my business with my audience. The comments of encouragement and praise have touched my life in so many ways. I can’t thank you enough for sharing your thoughts.
Typically as birthdays roll around we make plans to hold a celebration. For some its a quite occasion shared only by a few. For others it’s an extravagant affair filled with drama and attended by many. While this birthday is a moment to celebrate, the event planned is a bit small on the grand scale. I’ve been pondering my celebration for some time. Numerous options circulated through out my imagination. At first I thought perhaps I would create a magnificent work of art and offer it to my readers as a token of my appreciation. While this option would have been a wonderful way to share something made by my hands I decided not to. Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to color and design and I wanted my readers to be able to have a voice in their reward. The option that survived my pondering was the gift of a charm pack valued at less than $13.00 from fabric.com.
So here are the rules:
1. The gift is available to anyone. Meaning it makes no difference whether you live in the United States or abroad.
2. Only one gift will be given away.
3. You have two opportunities to win. The first is by leaving a comment on my blog telling me which charm pack you would prefer. Of course if the charm pack is not available at the time I place the order a charm pack of similar design and color will be chosen.
4. The second chance to win is by following my blog and telling me so in a comment. If you are already a follower just let me know.
5. Make sure I have a way of contacting you in the event your name is chosen.
6. The contest is open from today through midnight (CST) on May 3, 2013.
7. On May 4, 2013, a random name will be chosen through the random.org website. No preference will be given to friends or family. Everyone has the same chance to win.
8. The lucky winner will be notified via email. The individual will have 24 hours to respond. The 24 hour time clock will begin when I hit “send” on the notification email.
9. If for any reason the lucky winner does not respond within the allotted time or chooses to decline the gift for any reason a second random name will be chosen.
10. The confirmed winner of the charm pack gift will be announced on my blog as soon as possible.
11. The charm pack must be chosen from the fabric.com website and be valued at less than $13.00. I will place an order for the charm pack to be shipped directly to you.
Well there you have it. I hope I have addressed all of you questions. If there is a question I have not answered feel free to ask. Best of luck to all who choose to participate.
I Was Wondering?
Before leaving let me ask one favor. I thought it would be fun to run a poll. The question being asked is, of the charm packs listed below, which one is your favorite.
Thank you so much for visiting today and for following my blog. Now go and register to win, answer my poll and above all pass the word around.
102 thoughts on “It’s My First Year Anniversary and We’re Having A Party”
55. Happy Anniversary. I love the noteworthy fabric line.
Thank you! 🙂
53. & 54. Hello! Long time follower. Congratulations on one year! I’ll be doing that in about a month. 🙂 Milestones are ways of reminding us why we do what we do. Yes?
Moda of any flavor, if ya please.
Keep up the great work!
Greetings to you as we’ll. you certainly are a longtime follower. Thanks for your loyalty.
Congrats on your One year blogiversary! I really like the Moda Bela Solids in the 30s color charms. Thanks for the chance to win!
52. I am a follower of your blog. Thanks for the chance to win!
51. Congrats on your One year blogiversary!! I really like the Moda Bella solids in the 30s colors charms. Thanks for the chance to win!
Thank you very much! I’m having a blast.
50. I’m a follower!
49. Oh I loved your photo slideshow! Got some great ideas from it. I love Gracie Girl.
Oh cool! I’m so glad you liked it.
46. & 47. Happy anniversary! I’m visiting your blog for the first time, but I’m already in love with the ravens quilt, and the bird panel in your colorado quilt is beyond adorable. I’m looking forward to learning something new from you. Since I love gifts I would love to get Amy Butler Alchemy Charm Pack. So sweet of you to offer gifts instead of asking gifts for yourself even though it’s your day 🙂 Congratulations!
I’m so happy you found your way here. I look forward to future interaction.
44. & 45 Love your blog , Happy Anniversary. I am already a follower and like any of the charm packs, although voted for Gracie Girl.
I’m so glad you do. Thanks! You can choose any charm pack. Voting in the poll has no impact on which charm pack you would choose if you won. Good Luck!
42. & 43. Congratulations on your 1 year anniversary. I’m a new follower of your website. My charm pack choice is Bali Snaps Parfait.
Well I’m so glad you are a follower. Welcome! Good Luck!
40. & 41. I am a follower. And my choice would be any kind of batik charm pack. Thanks (gotta run, kids are screaming…)
i follow you on wordpress reader (this person has already received credit for following my blog on 4/27/2013, see comment # 14)
39. Hi Cindy,
I’ve been following your blog since the making of the Sandy Quilt Blocks.
Thanks for adding the blocks I sent to one of those beautiful quilts.
I was so happy to have been able to contribute.
I’m so glad you participated!
38. Hi Cindy,
I’ve been doing some window shopping at fabric.com and loving the fabric choices.
I hadn’t visited that site before so thanks for the introduction.
I do so love most fabrics, but the charm pack choice for today is Robert Hoffman’s Bali Snaps Rum Raisin.
Thanks for doing this and CONGRATULATIONS !!
Thanks! My daughter introduced me to the website.
37. Congrats on your anniversary!! I am following your blog too! Thanks for a second chance!!
You are very welcome!
36. Great selection to choose from… I would love Noteworthy if I am the lucky recipient!!
35. congrats on your first year. I like the moda solids packs or the Notting Hill. Thanks for stopping by my blog and now I will check out yours
Welcome! I’m so glad you stopped by. Good luck!
34. I’ve been admiring the fabric line “Momma Said Sew”. Again congrats.
33. Congrats and I am a follower by email. Always looking forward to exciting things from you.
Thanks you! I’m glad you are still in hot pursuit!
32. Congrats on your first anniversary! I like the seven wonders charm pack at Fabric.com but as a true fabric hoarder – I’m happy adding anything into my stash!
You speak to my heart, fellow fabric hoarder! Good Luck!
31. I’m a happy follower via email. Thanks for all the eye candy and inspiration.
You are very welcome.
30. Hi Cindy,
Your Sandy quilts look awesome! Kudos to you for doing them. I am doing a small Relay For Life quilt and it is gives me a good feeling working on it. I do not have a favorite charm pack and my stash is small so any would be fine. Thanks so much for including me.
I am so thrilled to see you stopped by. Thank you for your sweet comments. Good luck.
29. Happy anniversary, and thanks for your inspiring blog! Your work is beautiful. And thanks for your generous way of celebrating. I hope you get a present for yourself too! I like the Kaffe Fasset 6 inch charm pack blue.
Thanks so much for your well wishes!
28. I have been a follower for awhile and hope to for a long time.
27. Congrats on your one year. Thanks for having a party for us. I went over to Fabric.com and I found a charm pack I would like to have it is Moda Enchanted Pond Batiks 5″ charm pack. I like reading your blog. Keep up the good words hope to be reading for a long time.
Thank you! I hope to be able to post entries for a long time. Good luck.
26. I follow your blog
I’m am so glad you do.
48. thank you
25. I love noteworthy thanks
I found you through connecting with the Madison MQG. I am a transplant up to La Crosse, Wi and leaving two MQG behind that nurtured and supported and gave me so much. I hope I can be without them! But will go to the Madison MQG and hope that I find a measure of the same! Here is my Flickr: pmtquilts2013. I am excited about connecting and delving into your blog. I would enjoy any charm oak as an avid scrapper.
I found you while looking for a new home! I am moving to LaCrosse and so going to miss the two MQG that I belong to, not sure I will be able to bear that! But will check out the Madison MQG and hope it fits for me so that I can have the support and enthusiasm of others. If i won the charm pack, any would be a great addition!
24. I found you while looking for a new home! I am moving to LaCrosse and so going to miss the two MQG that I belong to, not sure I will be able to bear that! But will check out the Madison MQG and hope it fits for me so that I can have the support and enthusiasm of others. If i won the charm pack, any would be a great addition!
Well I am absolutely thrilled you found your way here. Good luck with your new home and your search for a quilt guild.
23. I follow you via email. I have enjoyed seeing all of your wonderful quilts. Thanks for the inspiration.
I’m so glad you are a follower. I appreciate each and every one.
22. Congratulations on your anniversary! Thank you for the chance to win a charm pack. It’s very sweet of you to offer a prize. Ny choice would be a Moda Color Splash Baticks charm pack.
You are so very welcome.
21. Happy Blogiversayry!!!Loooovoe your blog!!
I’d love to have Kaffe Fassett’s Spot On charm pack….but happy with any choice you choose too! 🙂 Thanks!!
Thanks so much! I’m so glad you like it.
20. happy Blogovarsary. I follow via Bloglovin
Many thanks! I’m so glad you are a reader.
18. and 19. Yay! A Giveaway. Thanks so much. I like the Long Road Batik India 5″ Charm Pack> Or the Moda Joy one. 🙂
I do follow your blog on WordPress and am glad I found you. I love to learn more about quilting! Thanks for the chances to win!
You are very welcome!
17. I am a happy follower with email.
16. Congratulations on this milestone, and many more to come. I like Moda Metropolitan Fair. Thanks for the chance.
Thank you! Good luck.
15. i’m a novice quilter and dont have a stash so I can’t name a favorite yet.
Great time to establish a stash.
14. I follow you on wordpress.
I’m so glad you are
13.I’m already a follower…
I like Joel Dewberry’s Notting Hill
12. I am also a follower 🙂
11. congratulations, what an accomplishment. for the charm pack – notting hill or moda solids
10. I love Simply Color….have some scraps and some matching Aurifil thread…maybe I can win a charm pack! LOL
That would be super wouldn’t.
9. As a quilter, blogger, and full time sales rep, I sometimes don’t have time to comment, but I enjoy reading your posts, and find your quilting inspiring. I get your posts in my inbox, so I guess that counts as following! 🙂
Love the poll….might have to try that on my blog!
I totally understand. Thanks so much for being a follower.
8. I follow you through email.
7. Congratulations. I remember some of those quilts. Beautiful stitching on them too. My favorite charm pack right now is Good Morning by Me and My Sister.
Thank you! I’m impressed that you remember! Good luck!
6. And I am already a follower.
I am so glad you are.
5. You are sweet to have a giveaway! Thank you for the chance to win! Voting was fun too. As for the charm pack…I like Novella. The colors include some of my favorites.
Thanks! I thought it would be fun to let my followers choose their own gift for once. Good luck!
I like Joel Dewberry’s Notting Hill
3. I’m a happy follower!
And I am so glad you are. 🙂
2. I like Joel Dewberry’s Notting Hill
1. Congrats and happy 1st Anniversary….wishing you many many many more wonderful blogging moments…thanks a million for sharing your stitching world with the rest of us across the continent. I have been enjoying reading your blog…..I find it very inspiring and interesting. Happy stitching up more beauties
Thank you for your thoughtful comment. I’m so happy you enjoy following my antics.