You Attention Please . . . May 6, 2013 Update: The contest is now closed!
One Year Ago Today
Although 365 days seems like a very long time, looking back it feels like no more than an instant. There are 525,600 minutes in a year. That’s 525,600 opportunities to make a difference. A difference in this world, your community, your family, your own life. What we do with those minutes becomes a part of history. For most of us our efforts will never make us famous. For those few lucky ones their name will we well-known throughout history. Whether you aspire to be one of the lucky ones or are satisfied to live out your existence as an unknown it makes no difference. We are all human. We are all important. We can all make a difference.
A Mini Tour
Now that being said, I would like to take you on a mini tour of my blog’s first year. I won’t bore you with gads of words just pictures. Here’s just a sampling of the 525,600 minutes that transpired in my corner of the world.
The success of my blog has been made possible, in part, by the faithful participation of my readers. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed sharing snip its of my life and my business with my audience. The comments of encouragement and praise have touched my life in so many ways. I can’t thank you enough for sharing your thoughts.
Typically as birthdays roll around we make plans to hold a celebration. For some its a quite occasion shared only by a few. For others it’s an extravagant affair filled with drama and attended by many. While this birthday is a moment to celebrate, the event planned is a bit small on the grand scale. I’ve been pondering my celebration for some time. Numerous options circulated through out my imagination. At first I thought perhaps I would create a magnificent work of art and offer it to my readers as a token of my appreciation. While this option would have been a wonderful way to share something made by my hands I decided not to. Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to color and design and I wanted my readers to be able to have a voice in their reward. The option that survived my pondering was the gift of a charm pack valued at less than $13.00 from fabric.com.
So here are the rules:
1. The gift is available to anyone. Meaning it makes no difference whether you live in the United States or abroad.
2. Only one gift will be given away.
3. You have two opportunities to win. The first is by leaving a comment on my blog telling me which charm pack you would prefer. Of course if the charm pack is not available at the time I place the order a charm pack of similar design and color will be chosen.
4. The second chance to win is by following my blog and telling me so in a comment. If you are already a follower just let me know.
5. Make sure I have a way of contacting you in the event your name is chosen.
6. The contest is open from today through midnight (CST) on May 3, 2013.
7. On May 4, 2013, a random name will be chosen through the random.org website. No preference will be given to friends or family. Everyone has the same chance to win.
8. The lucky winner will be notified via email. The individual will have 24 hours to respond. The 24 hour time clock will begin when I hit “send” on the notification email.
9. If for any reason the lucky winner does not respond within the allotted time or chooses to decline the gift for any reason a second random name will be chosen.
10. The confirmed winner of the charm pack gift will be announced on my blog as soon as possible.
11. The charm pack must be chosen from the fabric.com website and be valued at less than $13.00. I will place an order for the charm pack to be shipped directly to you.
Well there you have it. I hope I have addressed all of you questions. If there is a question I have not answered feel free to ask. Best of luck to all who choose to participate.
I Was Wondering?
Before leaving let me ask one favor. I thought it would be fun to run a poll. The question being asked is, of the charm packs listed below, which one is your favorite.
Thank you so much for visiting today and for following my blog. Now go and register to win, answer my poll and above all pass the word around.