Blue House Renovation: Step Three

The story of how the Blue House quilt transformation began can be read here.

After removing hundreds of stitches and slicing the Blue House into strips it was time to make a plan. A new plan. A new vision. A new purpose. First on my list of things to do was camouflaging the blue house. I started by slicing it into strips.

IMG_6806

IMG_6810 I added strips of a purchased coordinating green fabric to fill in some of the gaps. Strips of leftover fabric from the original quilt were added in between sections as borders.

 

IMG_6817Then some of those sections were cut up again.

IMG_6863

By the time I had finished the Blue House was no longer recognizable.IMG_6865 Once the last stitch was added I stepped back to see what I had created. The more I looked, the more I surveyed my new quilt, the more I hated it. Oh, Oh! Sounds like a broken record! Time to go back to the drawing board.

5 thoughts on “Blue House Renovation: Step Three

  1. […] THIRD on my journey was the actual dismantling. […]

  2. […] come a long way in this quilt transformation. The list of things left to complete has grown much, much shorter. […]

  3. […] quilt is not a quilt until I say so! When we last chatted about this never-ending Blue House renovation I absolutely didn’t like what I saw. It […]

  4. All design decisions are not created equal. Rehabilitating a disliked design can be quite a challenge. Good luck (again).

    1. Thanks! The second try went much better.