I’ve been transforming pieces of my home-made fabric, created using Victoria Findlay Wolf’s 15 Minutes of Play, into brand new art quilts. To date I’ve proudly assembled On the Fringe (Art Quilt # 23), Multi-Cultural (Art Quilt # 24), and Towne House (Art Quilt # 25). Art Quilt # 26: Blue Condo is the fourth member of this generation. I’ve called it the Blue Condo because of two reasons
- It’s made primarily from blue/teal fabrics and
- It looks like a house or condo.
Let’s dissect this mini art piece and see if you agree.
- Located in the center is the 15 Minutes of Play home-made fabric.
- Immediately surrounding the core is a variety of teal and purple scraps. The home-made fabric along with these added pieces form the main structure of the home.
- Flanking either side you will notice two columns of lime green fabric–one of which was stitched together from seven different pieces. I’m designating those as my pyramidal bushes.
- The roof was fashioned from a white fabric decorated with multi-colored stars.
- Directly above the center of the roof is a small scrap of teal colored fabric embellished with rectangles. This is the chimney.
- The teal fabrics that envelope the house are the sky.
- Currently surrounding the entire piece is a frame of teal strips. I know with certainty that another border will eventually be added. I just haven’t decided what color it will be.
For now, this is all I am prepared to share. As changes take place I will bring you up-to-date.
So what do you think?
Can you see my vision?
I know it might be a bit of a stretch but I bet your imagination, when set free, can grasp the concept.
Time to move on to the next!
Thanks for your never-ending support! I just love it when you stop by to visit. See you soon.