This is the thirteenth entry in my series What’s Your Style? In our everyday lives, we all have our own way of doing things; quilters are no exception to this trait. Even though there are standardized techniques to follow, when creating items with fabric, many of us choose to do our own thing. This series explores those individual habits. Let’s see what today’s question is.
Do you ever get sore muscles when you sew? I’m serious! After spending an extended time at your sewing machine do you ever develop sore muscles in your neck, shoulders and upper back? Well, I do. This is what I do to relax my tired muscles:
- Roll my shoulders forward and backwards.
- Raise my shoulders in unison toward my head and one at a time.
- Head tilts, forward, backward and side-to-side.
- Cross my right arm up and over my head to the left and then repeat with my other arm.
- Basically I do stretches that are commonly practiced when I exercise.
Do your muscles get fatigued? What do you do to relax your muscles?
Now it’s your turn to share your opinion by adding a comment.
- Don’t be bashful!
- Nobody will judge you!
- The quilt police will not come knocking on your door. 🙂
- Let’s have some FUN!
Thank YOU for participating in this fun survey!
P.S. Are there questions you would like to discuss in future editions of this series, if so, share them in a comment.