I took a class led by Sue Benner in 2019. During a nearly week long adventure she shared her fabric fusing and mono printing techniques. On one particular day we were instructed to design an art piece based upon a photograph or drawing. My inspirational photo (sorry but I no longer have it) contained three abstract flowers. The photo below is of my first attempt to recreate or emulate the flowers.
I really had a great time designing and assembling this composition. My love of color and my fondness for bold prints was reflected in my fabric choices. To give my piece even more interest I added embellishments. Near the bottom a hand dyed strip of rickrack was attached and in the center of each flower I stacked a circle of wool and three beads. I have included a closeup of the embellishments in the photo below.
As with all other art quilts, this specimen was layered with a batting and backing. The art piece was quilted with threads that both blend and yet add sparkle at the same time. Dancing Tootsies measures 13”x13”.
I was in a very playful mood when I was creating the Dancing Tootsies. As I assembled the flowers I had a vision of them dancing to the beat of a song. Their imaginary antics made me giggle which got my mind rolling and well…the rest is history. Dancing Tootsies, with their jazzy attire and funny name make a wonderful addition to my collection.
If you agree that Dancing Tootsies was worth seeing just wait until you read my next post!
Before closing let me thank you for showing an interest in my activities. I am grateful for your participation and look forward to your comments.
Best wishes for a wonderful day!