Last One This is the last quilt in the Blue House series. By the time I made this one there weren’t many fragments left. The pile of remaining scraps gave me the inspiration for this quilt’s name, FRAGMENTS. If you look closely you will find tiny remnants of the original quilt. They are kind of hard to find but with a little effort you will discover their whereabouts.
Size Doesn’t Matter The quilt, while small in stature, makes a big statement. It is a visual reminder of how even the tiniest of scraps can become a very important part of a much larger invention.
Time to FinishJust like the quilt called SPLIT PERSONALITY this quilt or wall hanging (what ever you want to call it) has been buried in a pile of UFQ’s (unfinished quilts). When it finally resurfaced I was more than ready to see it through to the final quilting steps. Since this project is quite small, measuring only 23″ x 36,” it didn’t take very long to quilt it. I kept the number of stitch patterns to a minimum to allow the quilt piecing to take center stage. Now that the quilting is finished all that is left is a binding and a hanging sleeve. Take a look at the photos below.
The End of a Series This brings to a close my BLUE HOUSE series. While it’s been a long journey it certainly has been a fruitful one. So many wonderful quilts came out of my original quilt top. I’ve had a great time sharing my journey of re-creation and I hope you have enjoyed it as well.
If you are interested in revisiting the journey from day one until now, you may do so by following this link.
Quilt Name – Fragments
Size – 23″ x 36″
# of Stitches applied – 56,516
Time spent quilting – 2 hours and 12 minutes
Thread color used – Perma Core Black
Stitch patterns used – Swirls, Flowers and Feathers
Thank you for stopping by! Your visits are always appreciated!
Followers of my blog may be familiar with the project I call The Blue House. The Blue House (also known as Simple Times Crib Quilt) was a quilt top I had decided to cut apart and reassemble. From that one quilt top I created numerous projects of various sizes and shapes. I call this one SPLIT PERSONALTY.
As you can see from the photo below the center panel of the project was created by connecting leftover fragments of the original quilt with other scraps, slicing them apart and sewing them back together. After stitching together the center panel I surrounded it with two borders then set it aside to wait for quilting.
For several months now it’s been waiting in my UFQ (unfinished quilt) stack. Even though I have my very own long arm quilt machine I hire out my services to other people. The quilts belonging to those people always take priority over my own. I recently finished the last of my stockpiled customer quilts. This milestone opened up the possibility to work on something of my own. This quilt was the next one in line.
After waiting patiently for many months I was so excited to finally be able to add its finishing touches. I used a variety of patterns to practice my skills. Some of the areas turned out really well and some not so much. But overall I’d have to say I’m satisfied with the outcome. All I have left to do now is add a binding and some sort of attachment to aide in hanging it up. Here’s how it turned out.
Name = Split Personality
Dimensions = 61 1/2″ x 34 1/4″
Time Spent Quilting = 2 hours 24 minutes
# of Stitches Applied = 57,364
Thread Used: Perma Core Black
Stitch Patterns = geometric, wavy lines, loops, hills and valleys, and swirls