I am very excited to share another finished art piece. Measuring only 14 1/2 x 8 1/4” today’s addition to my portfolio is titled Purple Passion, AP # 85. As with so many of my other recent art pieces, this one began to take shape, on my design wall, at the Pam Beal Minimalist Design, Maximum Impact class.
Creating small works of art gives me the opportunity to use a variety of materials and techniques in a shorter amount of time. While minimalist in both size and design these new additions are not lacking in style. Let’s examine Purple Passion.
I’ve titled this piece Purple Passion because it reminds me of the passion fruit. Here’s why:
- An outer purple layer
- A green center
- Black seeds (represented by the black circles in the center orange fabric strip)
Purple Passion has many stylish features. Among them are:
- Raw edged fabrics secured with decorative stitching.
- Color coordinated hand stitching
- Three diamond shaped purple seeds represented by the three beads and
- One very special, sparkly bead.
See for yourself.
Thank You for visiting! Be watching for my next reveal.
Slowly, ever so slowly I’ve been revealing art pieces resulting from my exposure to Pam Beal and her class, Minimalist Design, Maximum Impact. After today’s reveal there will be only four left to share. Let’s take a look.
Tuxedo, AP # 84 measures 10 3/4 x 6 3/4″. Like Ragged Edges, this special art piece has exposed edges. Look closely and you will find four.T
To give my Tuxedo a unique and masculine appearance I added a few embellishments.
- All of the quilting was done by hand.
- Except for the bold application of purple quilting, the remaining stitches were all done with color coordinated threads.
- Centered in the tiny black fabric strips are small, purple, buttons made from French knots.
- Last but not least, in the very bottom right corner, is what I have designated as the Tuxedo‘s boutonnière. There you will find three vertical purple French knots.
Let’s take a look at Tuxedo, AP # 84.
Tuxedo, AP # 84
Thank you for sharing your time!