With only a couple of days left in June it’s urgent I provide an update on my A Lovely Year of FinishesJune Goal. Back on June 5th I made the decision to declare my daughter’s picnic blanket as my June project. To successfully complete my challenge all I needed to do was quilt the blanket on my long-arm quilt machine. I am thrilled to announce that before leaving on my vacation I was able to finish the quilting and return it to my daughter. Before doing so I was able to take a few photos. Here’s the finished project.
I’m so thrilled with the outcome! Time now to think about July’s challenge. Thanks for stopping by.
I’ve been participating in A Lovely Year of Finishes since January. To date I have declared and finished the following projects:
Ever since completing my Miranda Day Bag I’ve been pondering what to choose for my June challenge. My To Do List is filled with suitable options as is my stash of projects to quilt. With so many choices it’s been extremely difficult to decide. I find myself flip-flopping from one item to another. Just when I think I have made up my mind I come across another idea and that sends me into a tailspin. The problem is I want to finish everything on my list but that’s just not humanly possible. Obviously I will have to narrow down my options.
Here are a few of the projects I have pondered:
Acorn Quilts First Year Quilt
A Child’s Quilt
My Daughter’s Picnic Quilt
If you scroll over each of the photos you can see what their names are. Aside from those projects one of the other candidates is the June Block Lotto over at the Madison Modern Quilt Guild.
After weighing my options the one that jumps out at me the most is my daughter’sPicnic Blanket.
She designed and assembled it herself. I believe it may have been way back in April that she delivered it to my home for quilting. Since the picnic season is upon us I believe her Picnic Blanket is screaming the loudest. To satisfy that small voice telling me to “get it done” I am electing the Picnic Blanket as my June project.
Chosen for my May A Lovely Year of Finishes project was the Miranda Day Bag. Since announcing that I would finish the tote, by the end of this month, I have made wonderful progress. Here are a few photos.
Quilting the Fabric
Back Side of Panels After Quilting
Outside of Tote Front After Quilting
Getting Ready to Sew Bottom of Tote and Front Together
Front Side of Both After Sewing Together
The tote is coming together rather quickly. I’m so pleased with the outcome and can’t wait to get it finished.