Tuxedo, AP # 84


Slowly, ever so slowly I’ve been revealing art pieces resulting from my exposure to Pam Beal and her class, Minimalist Design, Maximum Impact. After today’s reveal there will be only four left to share. Let’s take a look.

Tuxedo, AP # 84 measures 10 3/4 x 6 3/4″. Like Ragged Edges, this special art piece has exposed edges. Look closely and you will find four.T

To give my Tuxedo a unique and masculine appearance I added a few embellishments.

  • All of the quilting was done by hand.
  • Except for the bold application of purple quilting, the remaining stitches were all done with color coordinated threads.
  • Centered in the tiny black fabric strips are small, purple, buttons made from French knots.
  • Last but not least, in the very bottom right corner, is what I have designated as the Tuxedo‘s boutonnière. There you will find three vertical purple French knots.

Let’s take a look at Tuxedo, AP # 84.

Tuxedo, AP # 84

Tuxedo, AP # 84

Thank you for sharing your time!

Ragged Edges


Thanks to Pam Beal and her Minimalist Design, Maximum Impact class my explorations in minimalistic art quilting continue.

Being shared today is my latest project measuring only 8 3/4 x 5 3/4″. Known as Ragged Edges, it was created using small stacks of raw edged fabrics. The stacks themselves are barely over 1″ square. Each small grouping has been anchored to a white fabric background with a grid of black machine stitching, a row of teal hand-applied stitches and a single teal French knot. Each stack was then surrounded with rows of hand quilting using white thread. Say hello to Ragged Edges, AP # 83.

Ragged Edges, AP # 83
Ragged Edges, AP # 83

Thank you for sharing this time with me!

Many Dots, AP # 82


Polka dots and French knots are two of my favorite things to add to art work—the quilt I’m revealing today has plenty of both. Many Dots, AP # 82 was given its name because of its circular elements.

Also incorporated are leftover scraps from previous projects. You will see them near the center. The first is a triangular grouping of green fabrics. The second section is directly to the right. Both were partnered with fabrics that nicely meld them all together. I really like it when I can find a use for remnants too good to toss.

To finish my project I added a mixture of hand and machine quilting. I also included three turquoise beads and a matching lime green button. My striking, newly finished art quilt looks like this.

Many Dots, AP # 82

Thank You for sharing your time!