I Can’t Decide


Decisions, Decisions

I’ve been participating in A Lovely Year of Finishes since January.  To date I have declared and finished the following projects:

Ever since completing my Miranda Day Bag I’ve been pondering what to choose for my June challenge.  My To Do List is filled with suitable options as is my stash of projects to quilt.  With so many choices it’s been extremely difficult to decide.  I find myself flip-flopping from one item to another.  Just when I think I have made up my mind I come across another idea and that sends me into a tailspin.  The problem is I want to finish everything on my list but that’s just not humanly possible.  Obviously I will have to narrow down my options.

Here are a few of the projects I have pondered:

If you scroll over each of the photos you can see what their names are.  Aside from those projects one of the other candidates is the June Block Lotto over at the Madison Modern Quilt Guild.

I’ve Chosen

After weighing my options the one that jumps out at me the most is my daughter’s Picnic Blanket.

My Daughter's Picnic Quilt
My Daughter’s Picnic Quilt

She designed and assembled it herself.  I believe it may have been way back in April that she delivered it to my home for quilting.  Since the picnic season is upon us I believe her Picnic Blanket is screaming the loudest.  To satisfy that small voice telling me to “get it done” I am electing the Picnic Blanket as my June project.

Miss L’s Quilt


Sometime last year I purchased fabrics to make a small quilt.  The pattern, well there really wasn’t a pattern, was simply to add two borders around the perimeter of a remnant piece of fabric.  I really didn’t want to spend a lot of time cutting and piecing together an elaborate design.  My main focus was to use the specimen as a practice piece for my long arm quilting.  Sadly the fabrics sat idle for a very long time.  So many other projects seemed to take precedence.

Earlier this month I made up my mind it was time to bring that small project to the forefront.  Last week I removed the blue and tan quilt from my quilts-in-progress storage area and installed it on my long arm quilter.  I had a blast marking and stitching patterns that I believe compliment the fabrics quite nicely.

Start to finish the entire quilting process took relatively little time.  After squaring up and removing the excess fabric I once again set it aside.  However, the time spent idle, on this leg of the journey, would be brief.  You see I had a much more pressing engagement to attend.  I spent the weekend with my grandchildren at a water park in the Wisconsin Dells.

Now that I have returned from my adventure I am ready to finish the project.  By this time next week I will have the binding attached and the quilt completed.  If you are wondering what the small, blue and tan quilt looks like I have one sneak peek to share.


That’s all you can see for now.  If you want to see the finished project you will just have to return next week for the final viewing.  Until then have a super day!  Now go and get busy on your own unfinished projects.